Wordsworth School Association
Wordsworth Primary School has an active PTA. The Wordsworth School Assocation (WSA) is made up of parents and carers of the school who as a group work together to support the work of the staff and school by raising funds for some of the "extras" that can make the children's education more enjoyable.
By being involved in the life of the school, in the classroom and out, they contribute their time and energy to build a stronger home-school partnership for the children.
If you think you might want to get involved in any way, then we want to hear from you! We don't just need people to run games and stalls, (although we do always need volunteers to do that!) there are many ways you can help and contribute. You don't have to commit to an official role, you can help as a one off or just as and when you have free time. Whatever you're most comfortable doing.
- Ideas and opinions! We can't do anything without initial ideas and plans. We usually discuss these at meetings, however if you don't want to or can't attend set meetings you can still let us know your thoughts and opinions via our facebook page where we are hoping to set up polls when it comes to planning future events etc.
- Creativity! Are you creative? Can you bake or sew or draw? There are all sorts of creative jobs that pop up from time to time; from designing posters, making cakes, painting faces to even just collecting material to make bunting.
- Donations! The WSA has run more than a few raffles in its time and to continue doing so we are always in need of donations. Maybe you have an unwanted gift or maybe your business has something they could offer? Whatever you choose to donate, thank you! (Please note, no alcohol).
- On the day volunteers! We couldn't run all our activities and events without people to help run the stalls. Just half an hour of your time running a game like hook a duck, or selling ice creams or manning the main gate would be greatly appreciated.
- Communication! If you're a people person then we could use your help as well! We quite often look for help and input from the local community, and those people need to be contacted prior to the event. If you are able to spare time to call, visit or email people like entertainers and caterers then that's another fantastic way you can help support the WSA.