Summer 2 Week 6 (Beginning 6th July
This will be your last piece of English for this term! We would like you to have a look at the pictures attached and choose one that interests you. You can then decide how you would like to write about it. We have written in many different styles:
- telling a story - Use your picture to create characters and a setting
- creating a story in the first person - You are the main character
- cartoon style - Draw pictures to tell your story and write short sentences to add detail.
- diary entry - Telling your future self about an incredible day you had.
- fictional factual - Create a fictional piece of work that could be non-fiction, think of Newt Scamander's book of Magical beasts. None are real but it is written as if they are.
- descriptive piece - describe what you can see
- newspaper article - you are a budding reporter who has a big scoop to report on.
Year 3 skills to try and include are:
- contractions (e.g. can't, won't)
- conjunctions (e.g. and, because, that, so, but)
- description (e.g. dark, gloomy cave)
- simile (e.g. its teeth were like daggers)
Remember how we write (research, compose, edit and publish) to produce the best piece of luck. Good luck and we look forward to seeing what you produce.