Summer 2 Week 2 (Beginning 8th June)
11/06/20 - Viking Ship Discovery
Today's reading task is a 60-second read sheet all about the discovery of a Viking ship. Have a look at the text and the question sheet and try to answer the questions as fully as you can. Remember the points I made below on how to answer the questions.
10/06/20 - Lewis Chessman
Today's reading task is all about a chess piece from Anglo-Saxon times discovered and kept in a drawer. As always read carefully and have a go at answering the texts.
09/06/20 - Anglo-Saxon Kings
Today's reading task will take longer than 60 seconds to read! Have a look at the text and the question sheet and try to answer the questions as fully as you can. Remember the points I made below on how to answer the questions.
08/06/20 - Woden Allfather
Our final Anglo Saxon / Viking 60 second read - As it sounds that should be the time to read and understand the text. Now if you are up for that challenge then great, however, the important part of the task is answering the questions fully. Have you:
- Started with a capital letter?
- Remembered not to start the sentence with 'Because'
- Used the text to answer the question?
- Used some of the text in your answer to help explain?
- Used words from the '60 second' text and spelt them correctly?
- Finished with a full stop?
- Read it to make sure it makes sense AND answers the question.
If you answer yes to all these your answers will be perfect.